Thursday, December 25, 2008

Kanye West: " Im Not Leaving Music" for Fashion




There has been a lot of speculation about Kanye West’s potential fashion internship plans. West recently spoke to PEOPLE at the Flaunt 10th Anniversary party about his plans to juggle his love for music and love for fashion.

First, he says “I’m not breaking with music. I’m just going to do it on weekends. Just learning, learning as much as I can about fashion.” Turns out that this is hardly a new passion, “I was drawing and designing stuff for the longest [time]. I actually went to art school and dropped out to do music. It’s the real thing for me. It’s not a thing that I just put my name on something.”

Kanye tells PEOPLE magazine that he’s “going to Paris this Saturday to finish my shoes up that I’m doing with Louis Vuitton.”

His idols in fashion include: “Stefano Pilati, Raf Simmons, Kim Jones.” Timing just has to be right for the Pop/Hip-Hop superstar. “Just trying to get to the point where I’m good enough to make clothes to put my name on it…it’s my love. It’s something I want to do for the rest of my life.” I think its cool that he wants to do a bit of fashion. Im sure its plenty more to come!

How do you feel about Kanye West doing a bit of fashion?! (Comments)

No comments:

Post a Comment